It’s actually quite ridiculous how the cultural portrayal and semantics regarding the working class and the poor has not essentially changed since the Medieval period. Piers Plowman is a Middle English narrative poem written around 1360 and essentially expounds upon similar tropes expressed by the current coalition government - e.g. the term “benefit scrounger”. Parts of the poem essentially chastises the poor for mutilating children, so as to make them more effect beggars (such practice still unfortunately is common in countries such as India). While I cannot quote exactly where a familiar term to “scrounger” appears in the text (this is some long ass shit right here), it portrays the poor fundamentally as thieves. So yeah, Conservative dialogue toward the working class is literally Medieval.
- Hair: What hair color looks best on you and what's your natural color?
- Skin: Do you tan easily?
- Eyes: What is your favorite show to watch?
- Nose: What is your favorite perfume/candle fragrance?
- Mouth: Do you want to kiss anyone right now?
- Tongue: What was in your last meal?
- Windpipe: Do you sing?
- Neck: Do you wear necklaces?
- Ears: How many piercings do you have (if any)?
- Cheeks: Do you blush easily?
- Wrists: Have you ever broken a bone?
- Hands: Are you an artist/writer?
- Fingers: Do you play an instrument?
- Heart: Are you in love? If so, does the one you love know?
- Lungs: Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Chest: Are your maternal/parental instincts strong?
- Stomach: Do you feel confident in your body image?
- Back: Are you a virgin?
- Hips: Do you like to dance?
- Thighs: Has anyone ever called you fat or ugly?
- Knees: Have you ever cheated on someone?
- Ankles: Have you ever been arrested?
- Feet: Favorite pair of shoes?
- Brain: Anything you want to ask
instead of watching the 50 Shades trailer, why not just make awkward eye contact with a total stranger at the grocery store for a solid 2 minutes and 34 seconds? you get the same skin-crawling, uncomfortable feeling but without the shitty writing, terrible acting and massive dose of rape culture